Whether it’s coffee stains, red wine spills, muddy footprints, or gum stains that have penetrated the carpet’s fibers, carpet stains can be a nightmare to deal with.
Left untreated, these stains can alter the appearance of your carpet. To help, we’ve put together this quick how-to guide for treating certain types of carpet stains. So you can have a perfect-looking carpet as well as an attractive, efficient, and functional space that will provide your family with even more comfort.
“Between removing dust mites, bacteria, fur, and other allergens, professional carpet cleaning has many benefits. As a result, it can help improve breathing and reduce the risk of triggering allergies or a cold.” Get it Clean Services
Stain Removal Process:
- Mix a cup of warm water and a tablespoon of ammonia in a bowl and stir.
- Dip an absorbent white cloth in the mixture until it becomes saturated.
- Wring out the excess liquid, so it doesn’t drip elsewhere on the carpet.
- Dab the cloth on the soiled spot until the stain dissolves. As the stain dissolves, dab with a clean section of the cloth or use a new cloth to blot up the stain.
- Keep applying and blotting the affected area until the stain is gone. It’s important to avoid rubbing the area while blotting up the liquid, so you don’t spread it to other parts of the carpet.
- Once the wine stain has been picked up, rinse the solution from the carpet, then blot the area again with a dry cloth.
Removing chewing gum from a carpet is a straightforward process. However, it can leave you with a bigger mess than you started with if done incorrectly. To remove chewing gum from a carpet effectively, you need a fork and rubbing alcohol.
To clear the gum stain, apply a small amount of rubbing alcohol onto the gum, allow it to sit for about ten seconds, and then scrape the gum out with the fork or a scrapper.
First, brush the stained area with a hard-bristled brush and vacuum it.
Next, mix a cup of white vinegar with two cups of water and thoroughly blot the area with a clean cloth. That’s it, unless you’re dealing with heavily soiled carpet, you can try using a high potency carpet degreaser that is specially formulated to digest soils, odors, food stains, etc. For that, you might want to consider the CarpetGeneral (https://www.amazon.com/CarpetGeneral-Pre-Conditioner-Degreasing-Heavy-Duty-Professional/dp/B07FBSXP3N). Use the product as instructed for the best result.
Should I clean my carpet myself?
Let Get it Clean Services remove your stains and wash your carpet so you can enjoy a clean environment with your family.
If you’re considering a professional carpet cleaning service in Stoughton, MA, that will take all the worry about removing sand from your carpet away. Get it Clean Services is precisely what you need. Our carpet cleaning experts are qualified and experienced and bring the most powerful carpet cleaning equipment to get the job done.
We’re also equipped with sophisticated vacuums, unique expertise for dealing with heavily soiled carpets, and have everything it takes to extend the lifespan of your carpets, saving you money on replacement costs in the long run.
Call us today for a free quote!